Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Just Can't Help It!

So I have a new love, my mp3 player! I finally joined the rest of the techy-world and got my first mp3 player. I had no idea I would fall in love so quickly!! I have a very quirky taste in music and there is no radio station to satisfy my music thirst. I am constantly scanning between the 10 settings I have on my radio and usually settle for talk radio or the christian station. But thanks to my loving husband I now have all my favorite tunes at my fingertips! He got it for me for Christmas, but I just now took the time to turn it on and download some songs. I was surprised at how difficult it was for me and how many bumps I came across. I've had to call support twice, but I think I have it down now. ;)

I have always loved music, but I'm not the type that knows all the words to songs and I definitely don't know titles and artists. But I sure can feel a beat. I was a dancer for 8 years and it was a great way to release energy for me! If there is music on, with a good beat, I am dancing, singing, or tapping some sort of body part. I just can't help it! I LOVE singing in my car! But that requires knowledge of lyrics, therefore it has to be a song I know. I don't have a very diverse music library and it pretty much consists of pop and oldies.

I have no idea if Levi has my love for music and dancing, but he sure gets a kick out of watching me dance around the house. Anytime he hears a song on the TV he will start dancing, even when we are in another room. It's very typical in the mornings during breakfast for him to break out into dance when "My Friends Tigger & Pooh" begin to "Think, Think, Think" or "Ask Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why". Even other moments when there is a commercial with a song, he will stop playing and start dancing. It's amazing how he'll notice the music...I usually don't!

At bedtime, I sing him a few bedtime songs while rocking him. Sometimes he'll make humming noises along with me. Now granted it doesn't sound anything like the song, but it won't be long until he's singing along with me. It will be fun when we can play fun kid songs and sing and dance together! We'll have our own little dance party everyday!! Just another reason why I love my job! ;)

Levi is doing great, as always, and is almost walking on his own. He loves to walk and is scaling the perimeter of the house. He walks just about everywhere, but he has to be by the wall. One day soon, he'll realize he can just let go!

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

What's up?! Two blogs within a week of each other? Are you feeling ok? ;)

Glad your loving your new MP3 player. I'm curious about a few things so you'll have to give me the details on it.

I bet Levi will be running across the house in no time! You'll have to take a video of him so I can see.

Cutie Patootie!!

katy said...

You sound like me with the dancing! I am the exact same way.

Levi and Kendra are in the same boat with the walking! Hopefully soon they'll both realize they can just let go!