Who would have thought that my boy's first real word would be "duck"?! Sounds like a hard word to say and even though it isn't as clear as a bell, it is clearly what he is trying to say! About a month ago he began this new sound, "gah" and "guck". It all started in the bathtub with his little rubber ducky. I thought for sure that he was saying "duck" but just decided that he really wasn't saying it, it was just a coincidence. Since then, he loves making the "guck" sound. On Friday, we took a little trip to the Meijer store and as we were walking down the baby aisle, I noticed the bathtime duck that he has at home. I decided I'd do a little investigating and grabbed the rubber duck, showed it to Levi and said "What's this?" To my dear surprise and watery-eyes, my little boy said, with a smile, "guck"!!! I knew right then that it had to be true! It's his first real word!! I was so proud of him, I wanted to get on the loud speaker and tell everyone in the store that
my son just said "duck" ON PURPOSE!! :) Oh, gosh, I'm just so proud!
In other news, we took a lovely trip to Waterman's Farm to pick out a pumpkin. Levi's cousin, Ivy, came over for a sleepover and a scary movie. So, we decided to go get pumpkins too! I'm not sure about Levi carving this year, but I'm sure he'll enjoy playing in the guts!!



Check out Levi's cool boots that his cool Aunt Bobbi got for him! He looks too cute for words! I'm so glad the weather is finally cool enough for us to wear them outside!! And oh, and he loooooooves his horsey!!

6 comments:
he is soooo adorable. duck is a hard word but how awesome!!! congrats
How funny would it have been if you had announced that on the loud speaker...I have a visual...or audio I guess and I cracked up.
Way to go Levi! That is a BIG first word.
He's so darn cute! Not sure if I've ever mentioned that to you, but just in case I haven't. I love, love, love the pictures in the boots (of course;)) and the picture of you and Levi on your new header (which is adorable) is GREAT! You look gorgeous!
He's such a big boy now. I can't believe his 1st birthday is comimg up so fast!! I'll be here before you know it.
xoxoxoxo
p.s. the birthmark is called an angel kiss, stork bite, and some other things I can't recall. They fade over time. Sometimes you can barely see it but when she is mad or really excited it pops out.
Way to go Levi! :) What a cute first word! I too laughed when I pictured you announcing over the loudspeaker that Levi had just said his first word. You should have done it. :)
Okay, sorry, I am on my sister's computer and it says the name of my sister's profile. :) This is Katy.
oops I meant it'll be here....but i wish i would be there for it too :)
aweee wtg Levi!!!! GGguuckkkk! I bet u were so excited Becky and proud....How fun for u! I agree with Bobbi , u do look great in the picture! U r just so pretty!!! U r so lucky to be so pretty...I love his boots 2!
Post a Comment