
Yesterday Levi embarked on an incredible journey and came out victorious!! Off to Clubhouse Cuts for Kids we went....they were closed. :( So, it's off to Cookie Cutters we went! They were open! :) When we first arrived I was full of butterflies of both excitement and apprehension. I didn't want my baby to look like a man or a soldier!! Thankfully, the nice lady that cut his hair didn't mind the detailed instructions that I gave. ;) However, Levi was a little worried as to what was going on and was reaching for me the second we walked in the door. I think the little boy in the chair screaming his head off and his daddy telling him "no, be good" scared him just a wee bit. In fact, it scared me a little too! Fortunately for us, he got the tractor chair AND Wheel of Fortune was on!! As we sat him in the chair, he was excited to sit on the tractor and mommy was very, very nervous. This is my son's first haircut!! With camera in hand, the lady wet his hair and started to comb and cut. He sat there like a champ! Every now and then I would get a look that seemed to say "what in the world is she doing??" He did such a great job and didn't cry, scream, or fight one bit!! Supposedly that is a huge deal for first haircuts. Most boys scream through their first cut!
After the haircut, I gleamed with pride, as my little baby instantly grew into a little boy. So sweet and so handsome. We got a certificate with his picture and a lock of hair, they only wanted an arm and a leg for it. Plus they had mispelled our last name ~ which rarely happens, lol. Then suddenly the excitement wore off as I noticed that the sides were completely uneven. And then it occurred to me, that the haircut wasn't much to brag about. I mean, it looked great, except for the unevenness, but I could have done what she did. Which happened to be an issue with Scott that I lost. He has been begging me and begging me to let him cut his hair. I didn't trust him. Well, I mean come on, he's never cut anyone's hair before! No way am I going to let him take a pair of sharp scissors to Levi's head just days before his birthday!! But, after seeing his haircut, that, yes, did cost an arm and a leg, I realized that maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if he did cut it. However, I am glad we went to the kids salon. The experience was super fun ~ for me at least! Levi got to sit on the tractor and they even have those little kid capes! Too cute!! And well, what's done is done. Maybe we'll try Clubhouse Cuts for Kids and get there an hour earlier!!






6 comments:
he looks so great and he is so adorable... can not believe he is ONE
What a great story! So cute. Thanks for sharing. :)
Awwwe! you'll have to tell me exactly how much an arm and a leg cost :)
He looks so cute, and you could probably let Scott even it out for you. Sounds like he has a deep down desire to be a hair stylist :P
Happy Thanksgiving BIFE! I love you.
Two days!! Till your baby is 1!!
So sweet! It's time for Kendra to get her mullet cut off... and I am so nervous! Maybe I will try to just cut a little bit of it off after hearing your story. :)
awweee Levi looked so cute getting a big boy haircut! I just told Eric yesterday that I want to take gabriel and get his hair cut. he doesent have much on top but has alot in the back and it is curly and wavy and wanting to mat up thrououghout the day in the same spot!!! So I gonna see if they can layer it a little and see if that helps it. I dont want to cut his curls off though!
We need a BIRTHDAY blog! Your slacking woman :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEVI!! MUUUUAAAAHHHH!!!
Post a Comment