Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pregnancy

I feel bad that I haven't really talked much about my pregnancy. Only because when I was pregnant with Levi, that was my world and it was always on my mind. Now, there are many times when I completely forget that I'm pregnant!!

I am 19 and half weeks along and I've been feeling lots of movement. I love feeling the baby move, especially at this stage because it's not painful and it doesn't keep me from sleeping! :) I'm always comparing this pregnancy to my first, but I tell myself not to try to come to any conclusions regarding this baby's gender in comparison to how my first pregnancy went. Every baby is different and every pregnancy is different, so I'm clueless! I'm very anxious though, to find out what we're having. Our ultrasound is on Monday, and I canNOT wait!! Everyone asks if I'm hoping for a girl, since I already have a boy, but it makes no difference to me. There are positives to both; if we have a boy, Levi and the new boy will be close and can play trucks and wrestle each other, but if we have a girl, it will be fun to buy girlie things and see what it's like raising a girl! I've always wanted a daughter. My mom and I are very, very close and the bond between a mother and daughter is like no other relationship in the world. I dream of having that with my own daughter. What's funny when people ask me if I want a girl since I already have a boy is that they assume we just want 2 kids. So many people today seem like 2 kids is the American way! I would love to have 4 kids, but we're taking it one at a time! ;)

Speaking of girls, my niece will be born any day now!! I'm absolutely THRILLED to be having a niece and I'm so happy for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law to be having a baby as well. What an amazing experience and I'm excited for them to experience the love and amazement of becoming a parent. Isabella Rose will be here on Thursday for sure if she doesn't come any sooner! Nicole, my sister-in-law, has been having pretty strong contractions for a while, but they just aren't close enough together to be admitted to the hospital. :( So, I'm just holding on for Thursday! Can't wait to meet you Izzy!!!

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

I canNOT wait to find out either!! You know I will be expecting a text message the minute (okay 5 minutes will do) you find out!

And I can't wait to hear all about Izzy :)

The Synnott's said...

yeah... can not wait for monday... what ever "it" is, it will be blessed with a great big brother and wonderful parents

Trista said...

Hmmmm...Little girls are fun, but I would have been happy with a boy too.

Can't wait until Monday. You have to post it. OR else I'll be calling you!!!

twinsRus said...

Hey beckster! I cant believe how far along u r! Time has really went by on me. It is weird for me to think that I would be a little over 6 months pregnant right now if I didnt lose the baby. It is 1 a.m. on Friday now, so I am assuming u r aunt now! Congrats...I will be waiting for a report after your sonogram Monday!
xoxoxo