Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Such a Big Boy!

Levi is growing up before our eyes! He's doing so much that it's hard to keep up with!! Here is a list of Levi's achievements:

  • He is walking! Yay! He's only walking about 30% of the time, but he has taken many steps by himself. So he has the confidence, it's just that he knows he can crawl faster than he can walk at this point. I'm guessing it's only a matter of weeks before crawling is extinct.
  • He talks ALOT! He is always babbling and saying things in his own language.
  • He says "eeewwww" when you ask him what a cow says.
  • He says "bah, bah" when you ask him what a sheep says.
  • He roars at anything that resembles a lion
  • He says "guck" anytime he sees a duck, goose, or little chick.
  • He makes a high-pitch noise whenever he sees a cat...not sure why!
  • He says "nana" for banana.
  • He says "e-i-e-i-e-i" when we sing "Old MacDonald".
  • He sometimes will mimick what I say, but doesn't use the words again.
  • He puts phones, mp3 earphones, and shoestrings up to his ears...not sure about the shoestrings, but it's cute!
  • He LOVES books and brings them to you to read to him! It's usually the same 3 or 4 books (out of about 30) that are his favorites, mostly of animals.
  • He loves to stand on his four wheeler and rocking horse, such a little daredevil.
  • He loves to pull all the toilet paper off the roll. And sometimes wipes the floor with it.
  • He knows where to put the puzzle pieces on his animal puzzle.
  • He knows a great deal of signs, such as "more, please, eat, milk, drink, hat, dog, shoes, ball, baby, love, and all done". We are working on "hurt, sorry, socks, story, sleep, and bath".
  • He gives hugs and kisses! They are awesome!!
  • He's not a big eater, but he's a good eater. He's finally eating veggies and meat! :)
Levi continues to be the happy, laid-back, little guy that he is! He is such a joy to be around and I miss him if I'm away from him for more than an hour!!


2 comments:

Bobbi said...

He is such a big boy!

Brityn did the same thing when she first started walking... the crawling will nonexistent very soon.

He says so many words! What a cutie patootie.

I'm very impressed with the puzzle skills! Brit can't do that yet.

The Colby Family said...

Hi Becky! I saw your blog on your facebook page. Levi is too cute! And congratulations on baby #2. I just entered the blog world. I swore I never would, but now here I am... http://nickandkellycolby.blogspot.com/
take care,
Kelly (McShane!)