So, I am honestly surprised that we've been having a problem with temper tantrums, but to my dismay they are much more frequent than I would like. My parenting style can seem somewhat obsessive in my eyes. I am so worried that I will do something wrong that will create a bad habit that I will have to deal with at another time. I can deal with most temper tantrums, as I usually either ignore it and continue with what we are doing (e.i. diaper change, bath, etc.) or I will set him on the couch until he stops crying. However, when he throws tantrums during a meal I get concerned. My first instinct is to force him to eat, which I do not do as I do not feel it is right, that's just what my personality wants me to do. It's bad to admit, but I want to "win" and that would be for him to eat. BUT being the good mom that I am, I fight the urge since it's not the right thing to do and just ignore the tantrum. But what do I do when he's only eaten about 12 peas!?!? I know he's hungry as it was his idea to eat dinner as he was saying "eat, eat, eat" and pulling on the tray to his high chair. And then he refuses to continue eating?? I don't want to get him down to play only to be hungry again later, but I don't want to starve the poor boy either. Oh the stress! So I did what any good mom would do - Pass the Buck!! Good thing Daddy came home tonight and took over so Mommy could go to work and I didn't have to deal with the stress. The stress of ME not Levi! I told you I'm obsessive when it comes to my parenting style. I always have to tell myself it won't be perfect.
As for the other tantrums, I'm hoping they will eventually subside and that my patience will grow. I feel there is such a fine line with Levi and me and I am so worried to cross it. Sometimes I worry that I baby him too much. Anytime he comes to me whining, crying, or seeming upset 8 times out of 10 I will hold him and comfort him, regardless of his reasoning. I'm just hoping I'm not creating a monster!!
On the contrary, typically my baby boy is an angel and a complete joy to be around!! Here is a picture of him sitting in one of his favorite spots in the house. He's sitting on the step to our master bathtub. He's never taken a bath in there, but he spends alot of time with Mommy in there when I'm getting myself ready for the day. He loves to sit there because his feet touch and he can bang on the sides. It's like it's his little desk, his own little office, where he can do his business - PLAYING!! :)

And here's one of my favorites! Daddy and Levi reading Levi's favorite book!

3 comments:
I don't know what to tell you about the meal time problems because I have the same problems! I guess they will eat when they are hungry... I fight the same urges to force Brit to eat. It's a tough situation.
That picture of him sitting on your bathtub is TOO cute!
Are you trying to compete with on how many blogs we can do in a week? ;)
LOL at your comment about "the man with the muscles"
and P.S. thanks for the ticker!!!! :D and I love your new layout!
Okay missy! I've posted two blogs this week alone! you haven't posted anything in 2 weeks! what up?!
Post a Comment