Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Levi!

I can't believe Levi turned 2!!! Wow, time flies!! The past two years have been absolutely wonderful! I can't even remember what life was like before he came into it! I love being his mommy and watching him grow every day. The bond that we share is special and I don't know what I would do without seeing his smiling face everyday!

Levi is such a sweet, loving, social, little boy. He's smart, funny, and sometimes quirky. I see so many characteristics that are like Scott and so many that are like me. I can already see his personality forming and shaping. One thing is for sure, he likes to have things his way. This he gets from both mommy and daddy!! I've noticed here lately that if I give him a small bowl of Froot Loops, he will eat all of the same colors one at a time. He eats the purple ones first and orange and red are usually left for last. Three times over the past few days, I've seen him line his cars up in a row in the different places. One is right under the couch, kind of like they are in a "garage". It's pretty cute. I just hope that it doesn't become a monster in his life!!

I've also noticed that he's repeating everything I say, even more. He is starting to speak in longer sentences and he's noticing different forms of grammar. Adding an "s" for plural and using the correct pronoun. He's very smart. He knows how to count to 14, but for some reason lately he skips 2 and 3 and goes straight to 4! lol He also sings "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" but it sounds nothing like it! He leaves out more than half the words, but it's cute!

Levi is an amazing big brother! Even though he ignores Mallory for the majority of the day, he always makes sure to say hi to her and give her big hugs. He loves to talk to her and he even wants to burp her sometimes! I think they will have alot of fun when she gets older. I hope and pray that they have a great relationship growing up and that they will be close one day.

As for Mallory, she is growing up so fast! She's such a sweet little angel! I will post more about what she's up to these days in my next post!! I'll finish here with some pictures from Levi's birthday party! It was so much fun!! We had an Elmo theme and our close family came to help celebrate! I am so thankful for my wonderful family!! Levi loved his party! I got him some balloons which he LOVED and he really liked all the Sesame Street decorations. I had a great time decorating and putting everything together! I don't remember my birthday's being a big deal. I mean, we celebrated, don't get me wrong, but I always wanted balloons and streamers....so that's what Levi got!!!

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

Happy Birthday Levi! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

xoxoxo
Bobbi

Reba said...

i can't believe levi is 2 either! wow. you look great, becky. can't wait to hear how mallory is doing.