We went to the doctor last Monday and received a good report. Mallory weighs 16lbs 13oz which is only in the 14th percentile. She is 27" tall, which is only in the 36th percentile! I have some people comment on how chubby she is, but really she's a little thing! Her head, however, is a little on the larger size...according to the percentiles anyway. She is in the 90th percentile for head size! So I'm still calling her my little lollipop!! ;) Thankfully, she didn't have to get any shots at this appointment and everything went smoothly. Well, she did have an ear infection from the cold she's had. We are almost done with the antibiotic, but I didn't even know she had one. She wasn't showing any symptoms. She was a little irritable and had trouble falling asleep a few times, but that's it. Her top two teeth are coming in right now too, so I thought it was just that.
Big brother Levi is doing well also. I asked the doctor about potty training tips and she just said to not push him and let him just decide he wants to pee on the potty one day. Now, if I heard this advice before kids I would have thought it was crazy and would shake my head and say "my child will be potty-trained early and I won't let him/her decide when to be trained." Oh how motherhood changes a person! I truly believe that I will save myself a few gray hairs by just waiting on Levi. Every trip to the potty leaves us both in tears! And I feel like I've tried just about everything. The stressful part is that he KNOWS what to do and when he should be doing it. :/ Which totally drives me crazy!! And I don't really mind changing diapers, in fact I like that it's somewhat on my terms and my schedule. Once he's potty-trained I'll have to drop whatever I'm doing to run him to the potty. What I hate most about him being in diapers is BUYING diapers!!!!!!!! I'm tired of it!!!!!!! I don't mind buying Mal's diapers, she's still a baby! But Levi knows what to do and still refuses. Oh well, one day. Hopefully one day soon.
Here's my pretty little girl today playing with her big brothers toys. She's such a happy little girl!
3 comments:
she's a doll, becky! she really seems like a wonderful little person, full of joy. i bet levi's not using the potty is kind of like naomi still wanting me to hold her bottle for her. i think they like having us do things for them because then they're still our little babies. especially when they're toddlers and they're getting more independent, but they still want their mamas. she has held her own bottle and drank it all down before. but she still wants mama to do it. :) i'm glad everyone is healthy and doing well!
Becky, your posts are so funny. My mom had a heck of a time potty-training my brother, so she gave up when he was about 2.5 and told him that he had until he was 3... but once he turned 3 they didn't make diapers in that size. He bought the whole thing. Turned 3 and never put on another diaper because he thought they didn't exist for 3-year-olds!
well, maybe she looks chubby cause she is short... anyway she looks plenty healthy to me.
i love the idea of telling them they don't make diapers for 3 year olds! that is hilarious! i might have to try that one :-)
i feel your pain tho. brit is ok with peeing... when she is naked... or if i ask her every 10 minutes (literally) and make her sit on the potty every 30 minutes or so. BUT if she has clothes on and she is not with me she poops and pees her pants every time! ugh! looks like we are in the diaper boat together for a little while longer.
Post a Comment