Saturday, April 2, 2011

Swim Lessons

Levi started swimming lessons at our local YMCA about a month ago and he loves it! It's a 45 minute class and there are 5 other kids with his instructor. I was really excited for him and figured it would be a great indoor activity for these last cold months before summer. My kids love water and I figured the sooner they learn to swim the better!

The first day was great! At first, he was a little apprehensive and he was the only kid that kept climbing out of the water. I was so worried that the whole thing was going to be a bust, but eventually toward the end of the class he was staying in the water.

I am so impressed with his accomplishments and the advancements that he's made these few short weeks. He's jumping in the water in the deep in by himself and swimming by himself with a bubble belt on. We missed this past week because I was sick, but my friend told me that the instructor took their belts off to have them swim without any assistance. I was really disappointed that we missed it because I would have loved to see Levi swim!! We only have one week left, so hopefully they will do the same thing next week!

It's hard to get pictures because parents are supposed to stay in a separate room separated by glass. They let me go in to get some pictures, but it distracted Levi so I didn't get very many. I'm so glad that he had this opportunity and that he's learned so much. Now I can't wait for summer for him to try out his new skills! :)


Levi loves his instructor, Tina. She is so great with all the kids!

Just hanging out at the side of the pool. This one was taken through the glass. That's why it's so foggy!

That's Levi's buddy, Emme. They are like brother and sister, fighting and playing together all the time!


My FAVORITE picture!! He loves swimming and after every lesson he tells me how much fun he had. I love it! :)




1 comment:

Bobbi said...

so cute! great job levi :)

happy birthday momma! love you <3