

Spending time with Levi today made me realize just how fast time goes by and how quickly you forget things. Levi is very, very close to crawling and I wanted to get it on video. We've had the camera for 8 monts and I'm already on our 4th disc! Anyway, while I was watching him, waiting for him to make his move, I decided to look at the disc marked "Levi, 0-3 months." And wow! I can't believe I totally forgot what Levi was like 7 months ago! I forgot what his face, hair, hands, and skin looked like! I mean, he looks the same, yet totally different. I have always tried to capture moments in my mind and to remember every little detail, but it's so hard! Thank goodness for video camera's! As for the crawling, it still hasn't happened yet! He's only attempted to get on his knees a few times, but that's about it. I can't believe, though, that as I was watching him and he got really close to getting on his knees and the expression on his face told me he meant business, but anyway, as I was observing this, my heart did a flip-flop! My heart said, "my son is about to CRAWL!!!" It was crazy andI had no idea I would react that way! I have a feeling I'm in for a wild ride, called "motherhood" and it's only just begun!
Scott and I are not musically blessed, to say the least, but somehow music always ends up in our presence. And the odd part is is that it's OUR music! We dont' listen to the radio and we don't have iPods (I know, I know, we are the only Americans who can afford an iPod, yet do not have one, I hear your lol...). Anyway, we just don't listen to music -- we make our own! Seriously! If you were a fly on our wall, you would probably not stay long! We, and I do mean we - Scott and I - looooove to sing and make up songs! Poor Levi, he's going to be soooo embarrassed one day! We have always been like this and in our younger days (ha ha ha) we both really, really enjoyed listening to music. However, Scott and I have totally different tastes. I am a pop girl ALL the way and he enjoys classic rock, I guess that's what you would call it. I have always loved musicals and singing and dancing...I was a dancer for 8 years, thank you very much! Sooo, you are probably wondering why I brought this up? Me too! Oh, wait, I wanted to talk about the songs we, I mean I, sing to Levi! That's it! Okay, so his "night-night" song is Jesus Loves Me, except I sing "Jesus loves you". He loves it when I sing "I love you, a bushel and a peck"...a good one from Guys and Dolls. He always smiles when I sing that to him. As long as I can remember he has always loved The Itsy Bitsy Spider. We sing, You Are My Sunshine, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and one of my sorority serenade songs that I changed the words to! Oh, that's funny!! And I think that's about it...I would love to hear what songs you enjoy with your little one!!
My mom and I went to see Mamma Mia! the other day and Scott had to work late, so we decided to take Levi with us. It was a 4:00 show on a Wednesday, we were hoping there would be few viewers and that Levi would be on his best behavior! And both came to be true! He totally LOVED the movie! His eyes were glued about 70% of the time, which for an 8 month old is pretty good if you ask me!! This along with our families "musical history" leads me to believe that Levi is going to love music!! That or because of his parents horrible voices, yet ginormous love for singing, he may boycott it all together! We shall see....
4 comments:
it does go so fast doesnt it. i cant believe he is about to crawl. i have one trying also and one that just learned to clap... the things that make your heart fly
Aww Becky, I don't know why but it seems like when I'm having these heart tugging moments you wind up posting about them. I've been a little sad the last few days about how fast Brityn is growing. While it's so exciting to see her doing new things it's a little bittersweet....I want time to stand still and I want a rewind button so I can go back and remember her as a tiny baby. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with videos.
It's so funny you and Scott make up songs because Brent and I do too. We are always singing songs relevant to the moment. There are some other funny coincidences in your post....you'll have to stay tuned for my next post to see what they were :D
Hmm...songs I sing to Brityn that aren't made up. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, You Are My Sunshine, Five Little Monkies Jumping on the Bed, Itsy Bitsy Spider....I try to sing her Jesus Loves me but I can only remember the first 3 lines! HELP!! Grandma sings her the "bugs on me" song from the flea commercial...she LOVES it. She will turn towards the tv if the commercial comes on now. So funny!
Oh and PS we don't have ipods either.
Thank you for your compliment on Kendra. :) It amazes me how much they change each day!
I like the new layout, it is adorable.
I also sing all the time. Mike doesn't so much, but I do too. :) It sounds like maybe I should give Mamma Mia a try with Kendra. :)
Love your scrap blog and the new layout!
Post a Comment