Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Let the Punishment Fit the Crime

So, I haven't blogged in, oh say, 3 and 1/2 weeks! Which means I've been busy and procrastinating. Probably more of procrastinating, but who's keeping track? The bad thing about not blogging for a long time is that there is so much to catch up on! And unfortunately, my camera is out of battery juice, so I have no new pictures to put on this blog. So that just adds to my punishment. Like my friend Katy, I hate to post a blog without pictures. There will be pics in the future, I promise. So, let the punishment fit the crime. I don't like blogging when there is so much to say, and when I can't upload pictures, and when my page has Easter images on it when the holiday has already passed. Have I learned my lesson?

For those who haven't heard, we had our ultrasound a few weeks ago and found out that we are having a girl! I am very excited, yet very scared at the same time! Plus we are having a very difficult time picking out names. But I'm sure we'll figure something out.

That's really been the biggest news around here lately, other than getting to know my new niece Izzy. She is so beautiful and such a sweet baby. I'm a very proud aunt! I wish I had new pictures to show you!! Well, I do have the pictures, I just can't upload them today. (And I promised myself no more procrastinating!!!)

What else? Hmmm....well we are ready for another year at the Race for the Cure. This Saturday my mom, dad, Scott, Levi, me and my friend Jenny will be walking in the 1 mile family walk. We've done this for the past 3 years, this year's race being our 4th race and this year marks the 5th anniversary of my mom's breast cancer. So after this year she will be considered a 5-year survivor!! Yay, mom! Every year they do a special parade for all the survivors at the race. It's a really neat experience, emotional, but very neat. So many emotions run through your head as you see all the women walking through the crowd. You see women younger than me and women who have been a survivor for more than 40 years. It's amazing. I'm looking forward to it again this year.

That's it for now. I'll be back soon with pictures...hopefully!

3 comments:

The Colby Family said...

Hi Becky - maybe we'll see you among the masses on Saturday at the Race! We have a team in memory of my mother-in-law, who passed away 2 weeks after Audrey was born in November. It will be such a special (and emotional) day. Congratulations to your mom!! That is awesome!

Bobbi said...

Congrats to your mom Becky!

Can't wait to see some pictures and hear all about what Mr. Levi has been up too :)

Trista said...

I wish I was there with you guys on Saturday....:(

I am so thankful for your mom's survival status. She went thru it all with such grace and style that I often forgot that she was sick.

I miss you guys. Hope to see you soon. Please tell your momma that I love her.