Friday, September 25, 2009

Levi Wayne

Levi Wayne, my little boy. He's growing so fast and I love seeing him grow, it's just I don't ever want it to end!! He is talking like crazy and sounding so mature. He catches every little thing we say and understands for the most part. I'm amazed at his keen observation. He notices everything and pays attention to detail. I didn't know it, but he can count to 10. I gave him his tractor book and he asked me to turn to the "counting" page. We look at this page a few times a day, at least, and I try to get him to count past 2 but it doesn't usually happen. Well, this particular time he opened it up and I continued to feed Mallory and he just counts to 10 like he's been doing it for years!!

Levi's interests lately are tractors, horses...tractors, horses...and tractors and horses. We have a video of tractors and horses and he wants to watch it a million times a day. He had been asking me to ride a horse, just about 3 to 4 times a day for the past few weeks. So, last Friday Scott and I took him to Fort Harrison State Park to ride a pony. And he LOVED it!! His pony's name was Muffy and he still talks about her!! Here are some pictures of his pony ride. It was a long ride and I got to lead the pony. I was worried he would fall off, but he did great! He was so into it and really enjoyed it.


Levi has also loved listening to my MP3 player. I don't have any kids songs on there, so I don't know why he likes it so much, but he does. And he really listens to it and acknowledges the words. I hear him saying some of the words, but the concentrated look on his face is priceless. See for yourself!




Levi loves, loves, loves his little sister! He loves to play with her, talk to her (about tractors and horses), kiss her, hold her, and hug her. It's too cute!! And miss Mallory loves her brother, too!






Levi still drinks milk from a bottle two times a day, morning and before bed. Probably not the best thing for an almost two year old, but I'm not going to try to deal with that right now! Having a newborn and an almost two year old is enough to deal with!! But I thought this picture was cute of the two of them on the couch one morning. :)


Miss Mallory is such a good baby!! She's very happy and is sleeping well!! I can't believe she's growing up so quickly! Six weeks old already!!

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

so cute! brit talks a lot about horses too, after her pony ride at the fair.

the picture of mallory and levi on the couch is adorable! don't feel too bad brit still has a bottle at night. we'd cut out the morning bottle a couple weeks before she broke her collar bone and then brent decided she needed the calcium so we started back up again. but last week i dropped it again. she get's mad most mornings because she wants her bottle. sooo great mommy that i am, have been making her chocolate milk (in a cup) just so she will drink milk. i don't care really how she gets it as long as she is consuming MILK! brent is the one who doesn't want her drinking a bottle. oh, and at least levi will hold his own bottle, brit almost refuses to hold it herself!

and now that i've written a novel...
xoxoxoxo

Reba said...

mallory is really starting to look a lot like levi!

the pony ride was so sweet. you guys are excellent parents.