Here are a few of my mommy confessions!! Secrets mom's will understand and some will make you laugh!
- When Levi was a newborn, I used to put a heater in his room and get it real warm in there for bathtime. I'd fill the tub perfectly, get the towels out so I could give him his bath on the floor. I'd turn Baby Einstein music on and dim the lights. I'd make sure to have a warm fuzzy blanket to cover him with immediately after his bath and have the lotion on hand to lather him up with. And then we'd snuggle in the glider afterwards. Poor Mallory gets a 3 minute splash off in her tub with no extras!! I'm going to try to work on this!!
- The other day I was changing Mallory's diaper and thought to myself, "gosh, this looks really big". I looked at the diaper package and it said size 2 diaper!! The sad part is that I had gone through almost 20 diapers before I realized they were size 2!!! I better work on paying better attention to Miss Mallory!!
- I normally don't want or desire to have my picture taken. I don't mind having my picture taken at all, it's just that I'm not the type to want it to be done. However, I want a million pictures of me taken with my babies. I love pictures of my babies, but I also love to look at me with my babies. Maybe it's because I can see the "mom" part of me or maybe it's because I'm so proud of my little ones! I don't know, but I love it!! I'm going to work on having MORE pictures of me taken with my babies!!
- We watch alot of TV. I've been trying to focus on weening us from Thomas videos, movies, and Sesame Street. But let's face it. When you are tired and trying to get into the groove of things with a breastfeeding newborn, it's pretty easy to give in to Levi as he is constantly asking to watch something!! I'm going to work on this!!
- I love looking at my kids. The way you view "cuteness" in babies prior to actually having your own is completely different once you have children. Then every baby is compared to yours in your mind. Whether you like or not, it happens!! And usually, well always, you think your baby is cuter than any other baby. I always do. However, when I see a really, really cute baby I think to myself, "wow, that baby is really pretty or really cute, almost as cute as Levi or Mallory". It's a serious reality, but it doesn't matter because you always tell every mom that her baby is beautiful regardless of your own opinion or the truth. And the ones that you really do think are cute, you go that extra mile to make sure the mom knows that her baby really is cute. ;) Do I need to work on anything here??
- Dining out is never the same once you have kids. If you take them with you, you are constantly concerned with them or concerned that your husband isn't helping out enough as he is scarfing down his deliciously warm food while you are cutting up food, wiping faces, or checking the baby. Although, now that we have two children, Scott has kindly stepped up to the plate to take care of one or the other. Surprisingly, the last time we went out to eat, he chose Levi. ;) Now, if we have the opportunity to go out to dinner without children, all you can think about are your beautiful babies!!! ;) I need to work on enjoying time away from them!!
- I am a SUCKER for buying things for Levi or giving him things. I feel like he deserves a special treat just for breathing!! I know, I'm dramatic, but he just has this cute little face and such a sweet little voice that if he is bold enough to ask for it, I typically will grant his wishes. And there are occasions that he doesn't realize he wants something until I suggest it and give it to him. I guess one thing I can say is that typically it's a food item or a toy and we are at home. But when I'm out I feel like I always need to buy him a little something. After all, getting out of the house for us is a special occasion these days! Thankfully, he doesn't know to ask for things at the store, so I have some time to fix myself before this happens!! I need to work on it!! (This is serious and should move up to #1 priority on this "work on it" list cause it's gonna get me in BIG trouble!!)
- I could talk about my kids all day long. I love to talk about anything and everything that has to do with them. Yes, I'm one of those people. I am one of those people that I used to be annoyed by before I had children, now I am one. I try to watch myself and not talk too much about my kids and I always make sure to ask about other people's children. After all, all they want to do is talk about their kids!!








4 comments:
LOL!!! i don't like my pic taken either but i wish i had more taken with brit... i'm the one always taking the pic tho. if i died tomorrow she might not believe i existed! ;)
and we are horrible about tv too!
cute babies... i always thought i would think my kid is the cutest... and i do but there have been a couple times when i see an extraordinarily cute kid and i do realize that she isn't the cutest kid in the world. haha that is probably terrible to admit!
i often wonder if i'll ever have a hot meal again!
i can't wait for more mommy confessions!
i cannot believe how much mallory has grown already! she is the smiley-est baby in the world.
you make some cute babies, my friend.
This was great! And so true, I can relate to almost all of it at different times. :)
seriously, the pics of levi and mallory together truly melt my heart!! i love the mommy confessions.
Post a Comment