I do love this time of year. Fall is my favorite season. The cool crisp air, leaves rustling, and the beautiful colors all around. I love all the activities that come with the season. A few of my favorite are fall festivals, pumpkin patches, Brown County, apple orchards, apple cider, hay rides, bon fires, fields being harvested, oh and so much more. So, at least I have all of these to keep me company while my hubby is away.
I used to despise Scott's hobby. In my defense, I did NOT marry a hunter. Or at least I didn't realize I was marrying a hunter! He didn't pick up his obsession until a few years later. It started out as a little hobby and grew into this year-round obsession. Even though hunting season officially started yesterday, he's been preparing all year. Religiously he practices shooting his bow. He fixes his arrows and cleans his guns. I'm sure there is more that he does, it's just that I don't pay much attention anymore and probably wouldn't know exactly what he's doing anyway. Since I've gotten used to it, I try to remind him that his family still exists during this time of year and that he needs to make a special effort to make us feel like we are still important!!
Even though I knew this day was coming, I failed to make plans for myself for this weekend. And even though I have alot of friends, I don't have many friends that I hang out with on a regular basis. So, I'll be calling up some chums to see if they want to spend time with me and my youngsters. The Franklin Fall Festival is this weekend and I would love to go. Maybe I'll even try it alone if I can't find someone to go with me. I spend enough time by myself at home during the week that I don't want to spend the weekends at home alone too!!
So, for the next month or so, I'll be anxiously awaiting the day for Scott to get his deer, a big one! So maybe then he can be done for the year! :)
Here are some recent photo's. I simply can't do a new post without pictures!

2 comments:
please tell me your not taking that poor child out in his under-roos! thomas the train to boot! lol! how cute he is in his big boy underwear!!!
wish i was there to keep you company during hunting season... and vice versa! ours doesn't start till the end of the month.
sorry about the hunting! at least he doesn't have a year-round obsession like my hubby does...video games... ;) cute pictures of the little ones!
Post a Comment