As for trying to spend time with each of them, it's very difficult. I find it difficult to balance an equal split of myself between the two. Because it's not necessarily time that makes it equal. Levi requires more of my time in spurts and instantaneously. Mallory, however, is very easy going, and requires little of my time. Just the usual feeding, changing, and laying down for a nap. But that's where it gets me. I find myself so involved with Levi, that I look back at the time spent with Mallory and it's usually just doing the care-taking for her and none of the playtime and bonding time. And then if I am feeding Mallory and Levi "needs" something (usually help with a toy or a refill) then I feel horrible about not helping him immediately. That is probably my own fault for I am used to giving him what he needs somewhat immediately. He's become a little dramatic over the past few months and I'm wondering if it's my fault, if it's his personality, or if it's just a phase - you know, he is TWO!!
So, that's what I've been working on lately, trying to be in the moment when I am at home with my babies and trying to spend quality time with each of them. We have been off our normal schedule for a week or so and there is an hour or so that I get with Mallory while Levi is napping and I really like it! I may have to adjust our schedule so that that stays! :)

2 comments:
i can definitely imagine that would be hard. when trying to convince me to have another baby, my mother in law likes to say that you give each baby what they need. when one needs help, you give it. then the other needs something, you go to that one. sounds like you are doing it just right.
lol that picture of levi is great :)
i'm worried about all that when i have #2 also... it almost seems unfair to got from being the only child to having a baby taking attention away. oh well, such is life i guess. i'm sure you do great for them both.
Post a Comment