Tuesday, December 7, 2010

November Nothingness

November was busy, but mainly uneventful. Lots of playing, lots of running around, lots of movies, lots of disciplining, and lots of fun!! Well, the disciplining was not fun on anyone's part, but it is fun to see the fruits of your labor!! I'm glad to finally see that we are moving out of the dreaded "terrible two's". Some of my friends say that the three's are harder, but I'm not sure I'm going to believe them. Levi is growing up and I can see some major improvements in his behavior. My boy is definitely the "cryer". Call it like it is, people. But we've been working through and thanks be to the Lord, he's given me patience to help work through it. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Other than that, we have been playing indoors a lot since it's cooled off. We've been playing with friends a lot lately and that is great for everyone's soul I think!! I really appreciate the friends I have and they have great kids that Levi and Mallory adore, so that makes it even better!!

Also in November, Mallory had her 15 month well visit with Dr. Bowman. Anyone looking at Mallory can see she is tiny and it never really bothered me or worried me. At her doctor's appointment the doctor became a little concerned about her weight. It's not so much that she was 15 months old and still didn't weigh 18lbs (which was less than the 3rd percentile), but more so that she has been going down on the growth curve over the past few visits and this visit she was off the curve. :( Not really a good sign, but everything else looked healthy on her. Plus, the kids had just gotten over the stomach bug in which she probably lost a few pounds. Anyway, the doc said to butter up her food and start putting Carnation Good Start in her milk. Two weeks later she's up to 19lbs!! :) We ended up having to go back to the doc to check out her belly where there was an infected boil. :( But the good news is that she's gaining weight and the boil is healed! We are continuing to watch her weight and trying to fatten her up any time we can. Fun times.

Speaking of sickness, November was a month of sickness for our family. Well, somehow Scott seemed to be able to avoid it, but the kids and I did not. Mallory was the first to get sick with a 3 day high fever, lethargy, and diarrhea. Then the next day, Levi had a fever and the same symptoms, EXCEPT he threw up in bed! AAHHH!!! It was DISGUSTING!! Poor kid, I felt sooo bad for him. He had no idea what was going on and it scared him so bad!! It took a good week and a few days for the kids to get back to 100% energy. Just in time for me to get the flu bug!!! Wednesday night I was at work and it hit me like a Mack truck. I told my boss I had to go home because I knew I would be up puking all night. I was in bed by 9:30pm and sure enough, I was up all night. :( I was in bed or on the couch until Sunday. It was awful. My body ached and I couldn't eat anything. I pretty much slept the whole time. My mom was wonderful enough to call in to work to come take care of the kids on Thursday, and Scott came home early from work on that Friday - thank goodness!!! I was so thankful for help because there was no way I would have been able to do it!!

Now that we are all better, we are definitely looking forward to Christmas. Thanksgiving was great and the weather wasn't too horrible. But we are very excited for Christmas this year. We wrapped up November with a great Thanksgiving dinner and celebrating Levi's 3rd birthday at home!! More pics on that to come! :) The pics below are just random photo's!


Mallory is definitely a girly-girl! Here she is playing in my make-up putting a headband on. Love it! :)

We played so hard this day that Levi fell asleep on the couch. NEVER in his entire life has he fallen asleep somewhere because he was so tired. This was a first!

Here's Levi helping daddy fix the sink. He was a good helper!


This is Levi with his "fire truck hat", aka a bowl!

Mallory hanging out with daddy!

She is SO independent and demands doing everything herself! Here she is trying to get down the steps to the garage on our way out.

1 comment:

Reba said...

they are such cute & good kids! sorry to hear mallory is a little peanut but glad she is gaining weight. naomi is tiny too (not quite that tiny i guess). i'm sure the puking bug had a lot to do with it.